The LSU School of Social Work (SSW) aspires to be a leading graduate school of social work, a vibrant center for intellectual development, a leader in promoting and supporting diverse communities, and an advocate for an integrated and inclusive model of social work, all within a learning environment that supports best educational practices and the LSU national flagship agenda.
The guiding philosophy of the School of Social Work includes values that create a framework for ethical and informed social work education, research, and service. These values include:
- Embracing the ideals of equality, social and economic justice, and self-determination
- Focusing on person-in-environment as the central concept shaping our curriculum and practice
- Developing social work knowledge and disseminating said knowledge to students, communities, and policy makers
- Promoting healthy relationships, diversity, and multiculturalism in the community
- Advancing the profession of social work